Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Island at the Center of the World



I am simply fascinated by this book. It merits earmarking and underlining on basically every page. It's about the somewhat ignored settlement of Manhattan, specifically by the Dutch. And I would absolutlely insist you read it if you live in New York, love NY or just love history. I actually don't even love history. I love bacon. Go figure. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I want to post more frequently about what I'm reading. Just tidbits here and there that I certainly didn't know and I'm guessing you didn't either. Unless of course, gBer gave this book to you. Thanks, Dude. I love it. Tidbits to follow...

1 comment:

BGGB said...

I actually don't even love history. I love bacon.

Hahahaha.

So true.

This book is amazing.