Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Orioles 12, Yankees 0


Man, that's just a thing of beauty isn't it? GoodGuys 12, EverythingThatIsEvil 0.

So I went to see the Orioles play in the Bronx last night and man was it fun. Especially since I was there with 3 Yankees fans. The offensive onslaught got me to thinking. I haven't been to tons of Orioles games in my life, maybe 10 or 15. But I don't think I've actually seen them win all that often. Yeah, that's depressing but it made last night that much more awesomer!

We were sitting in the lower part of the right field upper deck, by the foul pole, in foul territory. Aubrey Huff's 3rd inning grand slam landed so close to us! It landed 3 rows in front and about 10 seats away. I've never been anywhere near a homerun before! AND I've never seen a grand slam.

Man, last night was sweet. And whatever Daniel Cabrera did before last night's game, please make him do it before every start. He actually started the game on solid ground, instead of walking and hitting batters for the first 3 innings as usual. He did end up walking 6, which is unacceptable. But he was unhittable, only giving up 2 in 6 and 2/3 innings. Good work, Daniel. You're [temporarily] off my shit-list.

No comments: