Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Tribute to Abby


Abby, one of Elise's two dogs, passed away on Sunday. So sad. So very sad. I loved Abby so much. Seeing her and playing with her was one of my absolute favorite parts about going home to Bethesda. I feel so sorry for my sister right now.

I've loved dogs my entire life. I always had them, always excited to see friends' dogs and always loved playing with or petting any dog I met. I can't wait to own one of my own. Many of us have probably had a dog (or pet) that was so special to us, that it was just beyond comparison. I can honestly say that I think Abby was the ideal dog. She was so sweet, so affectionate, obedient, very playful, smart, well behaved and unconditionally loyal. I can't think of one thing I would have changed about Abby.

I don't know what to say. Abby was perfect and I loved her so much. I miss her so much already and I know my entire family does as well. She had this wonderful habit of walking up to you, turning herself around and sitting directly on your feet, all in one smooth, loving, "please pet me and love me" motion. She was so special, we all loved her and we will all miss her. Goodbye, Abigail.